[Amarok] Maybe this will help Hydrogen

Magnus Bergmark magnus.bergmark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:07:00 CEST 2009

How about trying git bisect to find which commit borked everything for you?
:-)
Bisect should be given a good and a bad commit and will then help you
finding the commit which broked everything by doing a binary search. Either
it checks out a commit and you manually tell it if it is either good or bad,
or you supply it with a script to run on each commit to test it. When it is
done, it will point out which commit lead to the problem. Running git show
on that SHA and you should see both diff and committer.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Myriam Schweingruber <
schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:33, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Myriam Schweingruber (private)
> > <myriam at pharma-traduction.ch> wrote:
> >> I don't know when and where it went wrong, but I can't build anymore,
> >> it can't find taglib-extras-1.0.1, which is correctly installed in
> >>
> >> -- Install configuration: ""
> >> -- Installing: /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/taglib-extras.pc
> >> -- Installing: /usr/local/bin/taglib-extras-config
> >> -- Installing: /usr/local/lib/libtag-extras.so.1.0.0
> >> -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/lib/libtag-extras.so.1
> >> -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/lib/libtag-extras.so
> >> -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/include/taglib-extras/taglib-extras_export.h
> >> -- Installing: /usr/local/include/taglib-extras/tfile_helper.h
> >> -- Up-to-date:
> /usr/local/include/taglib-extras/audiblefiletyperesolver.h
> >> -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/include/taglib-extras/audiblefile.h
> >> -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/include/taglib-extras/audibleproperties.h
> >> -- Up-to-date: /usr/local/include/taglib-extras/audibletag.h
> >> -- Up-to-date:
> /usr/local/include/taglib-extras/realmediafiletyperesolver.h
> >> -- Installing: /usr/local/include/taglib-extras/realmediafile.h
> >>
> >> Strangely it reads 1.0.0, but the package I installed reads 1.0.1 from
> >> Jeff's repo, given in the README file
> >
> > You should also mention that you have two versions of Taglib-Extras
> > installed at the same time (old and new). This makes a difference.
>
> Well, it doesn't change anything, since the distro version was always
> there and, as I said, I was able to build till yesterday, so something
> has changed on git. For the record, I removed the *-dev file of the
> distro version when I installed the new taglib-extras version.
>
> The cmake error reads:
>
> -- TagLib-Extras version not found: version searched :1.0, found 0.1
> CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindTaglib-Extras.cmake:132 (message):
>  Could not find Taglib-Extras
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  CMakeLists.txt:40 (find_package)
>

> Regards, Myriam.
>
> --
> Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
> http://www.fsfe.org
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)

Magnus Bergmark - magnus DOT bergmark AT gmail DOT com
GPG/PGP: 0x7BE84794DB6AA648
Fingerprint: 0E6F D2DB F0EF 534A 2184 52AF 7BE8 4794 DB6A A648