[Amarok] Add enqueue/dequeue shortcuts. BUG: 187542

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Fri Oct 2 11:43:50 CEST 2009

Friday 02 October 2009, Bart Cerneels:
> I agree, why use 2 combo's when one is enough. What would Ctrl+E do
> when a track is already queued?
>
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 05:58, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
> > 2009/10/2 Kevin Funk <krf at electrostorm.net>:
> >> +    action = new KAction( KIcon( "media-track-queue-amarok" ), i18n(
> >> "Enqueue Track" ), this ); +    ac->addAction( "enqueueTrack", action );
> >> +    action->setGlobalShortcut( KShortcut( Qt::CTRL + Qt::Key_E ) );
> >> +    connect( action, SIGNAL( triggered() ), SIGNAL( enqueueSelection()
> >> ) ); +
> >> +    action = new KAction( KIcon( "media-track-queue-amarok" ), i18n(
> >> "Dequeue Track" ), this ); +    ac->addAction( "dequeueTrack", action );
> >> +    action->setGlobalShortcut( KShortcut( Qt::CTRL + Qt::Key_D ) );
> >> +    connect( action, SIGNAL( triggered() ), SIGNAL( dequeueSelection()
> >> ) );
> >
> > Sorry, I disagree with this - there should be one key binding which
> > toggles the queue status of the track, which should be Ctrl+D to be
> > consistent with Amarok 1.4.

In general, I agree with you. But there's still some usecase where it's
useful. If you select multiple tracks and like to enqueue all, where some of
the tracks are already queued, you need to have two shortcuts.
But maybe thats a bit over the top.

I am going to implement the old 1.4 behaviour.

--
Kevin Funk