Amarok 2.2.2 string and feature freeze

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Sat Nov 28 23:02:19 CET 2009

On 11/28/2009 05:57 PM, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Heya,
>
> just a quick reminder that Amarok will be in string and feature freeze
> for 2.2.2 starting on Tuesday. Please get in your stuff before then.
> Tagging is planned for Dec 29th.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

Ok then before string freeze:
I display more information in the info widget for podcast channels/episodes now.
I'm not 100% sure about the formatting and the strings I use. I know that I, as
a user, want all this information to be displayed, though.

Currently I format episodes like this:

                                This is The Title
                              This is The Subtitle

By The Author On 11/19/09 12:00 AM
File Size: 82,7 MiB

This is the long description text contained in the feed. Sadly this sometimes
contains all the information I display above, so it might be displayed twice.
But this is only for some feeds. Other do not include this. And I, as a user,
want to know these things. I want to know the file size, so I know if I should
start the download now or wait until I tomorrow, and of course I want to know
the title, subtitle, author and pub date.

Is this ok? By ..., File Size and Keywords are each in their own <p>. Would a
widget (I don't think so, it's all html)?

The channels look like this:

                          Title
                        Subtitle

By Author                            +-----------------+
Subscribed Since: 11/19/09 12:00 AM  |                 |
                                     |     150x150     |
Text...                              |     Channel     |
....                                 |      Image      |
....                                 |                 |
....                                 +-----------------+

When you click the image:

                          Title
                        Subtitle

|                                                      |
.                                                      .
.                  Original Size Image                 .
.                                                      .

By Author
Subscribed Since: 11/19/09 12:00 AM

What do you all think? I'll change the formatting to anything you tell me, I
just don't want to remove any information (maybe subscription date and keywords,
but not more!). Also note that author and keywords are not saved to the DB yet
(even though the fields where in the Meta:: classes the first time I looked at
amaroks source). I'd had to look into how to do that, but I don't have time for
that. Actually I don't have time to write this very sentence.

	-panzi