Podcast Support

Mathias Panzenböck grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net
Sun Nov 22 14:29:41 CET 2009

On 11/22/2009 10:42 AM, Bart Cerneels wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 00:48, Mathias Panzenböck
> <grosser.meister.morti at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> Well, I think it would be better to have:
>> enum ContentType { TextContent, HtmlContent, XHtmlContent };
>
> Yeah, probably better. How are we going to handle XHtml though? Why
> would it be different then normal HTML?

Indeed, it isn't handled different. I'm jsut able to detect that it is xhtml
(ok, with maybe some false negatives that say it's html when escaped xhtml is
used in <description>). :)

>> I don't want to convert TO html. I want to convert html to plain text (strip
>> tags, resolve entity refs), because in Atom even elements like title can contain
>> (x)html!
>
> Ah, I didn't know that. I have a feeling though that iTunes does not
> support non-cleartext for any of the tags. So we should be ok with
> just assuming it's clear text for all tags except rss:description and
> atom:summary. For safety we should also check the content type of
> itunes:summary.
>
> I think there are Qt functions to convert HTML named refs and the XML
> numeric character refs should be converted by
> QXmlStreamReader::text(). Not sure about that last one though.

I couldn't find such a function and Qt mailing list entries I've found say there
isn't. After all it's not always xhtml -> plain text but also html -> plain text
(which is not well formed xml).

>> Mhm. I guess no subtitle from RSS feeds then.
>
> There is itunes:subtitle, so yes: RSS also has subtitle and we *will* use it.

Already use this in my latest commit. :)

	-panzi