release plan for 2.2.2

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Wed Nov 11 10:22:09 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 22:50, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya :)
>
> I sat down to make the release plan proposal for 2.2.2. It hasn't been
> easy since there is Christmas and Co and New Years involved this time.
> I tried my best...
>
> 01. Dec: string and hard feature freeze
> 10. Dec: tagging 2.2.2 beta 1
> 13. Dec: release 2.2.2 beta 1
> 29. Dec: tagging 2.2.2
> 03. Jan: release 2.2.2
> (dates have been added to the calendar already)
>
> This gives us a relatively long time (more than I wanted initially
> actually) for stabilizing/bugfixing but I think that is good this
> cycle and a few of us will likely be very busy with family stuff
> during that time too.
>
> Everyone happy with that? Any problems with the above schedule I missed?
>
> Also something to think about: Do we want to depend on KDE 4.3
> starting with Amarok 2.2.2? So far packagers seem happy with that. If
> anyone objects please speak up now ;-)

If we do that may I suggest also changing our own minor number to
match KDE's i.e. call it Amarok 2.3. Version numbers are marketing
anyway and it does make things a bit more clearer.
Also it's a message that, purely psychologically, strengthens the ties
with the greater KDE project. Not that I think we really need that,
but hey: it's marketing.

Bart