release plan for 2.2.2

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Tue Nov 10 22:50:46 CET 2009

Heya :)

I sat down to make the release plan proposal for 2.2.2. It hasn't been
easy since there is Christmas and Co and New Years involved this time.
I tried my best...

01. Dec: string and hard feature freeze
10. Dec: tagging 2.2.2 beta 1
13. Dec: release 2.2.2 beta 1
29. Dec: tagging 2.2.2
03. Jan: release 2.2.2
(dates have been added to the calendar already)

This gives us a relatively long time (more than I wanted initially
actually) for stabilizing/bugfixing but I think that is good this
cycle and a few of us will likely be very busy with family stuff
during that time too.

Everyone happy with that? Any problems with the above schedule I missed?

Also something to think about: Do we want to depend on KDE 4.3
starting with Amarok 2.2.2? So far packagers seem happy with that. If
anyone objects please speak up now ;-)

Cheers
Lydia

--