Testing needed for Layout fixes

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Nov 7 11:29:15 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark, an idea.
>
> How about on save, both save to file and a in memory QByteArray, and
> then on load only use the file if the in memory array is empty. That
> way we eliminate a ton of file reads but maintain crash persistence.

Yep, that could work. Would probably not fix any of the technical
issues, but a nice optimization anyway.

FWIW, I've just tested it on Myriam's box again (your patch), and it
basically works nicely, except for this weird lag (~2s). Could it be
the timers causing a delay?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer