Testing needed for Layout fixes

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Sat Nov 7 10:32:14 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 10:10, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Nikolaj and I have recently been hard at work, trying to solve the
> weird issues with resizing Amarok: The splitters (dock widget
> boundaries) used to forget about their correct proportions. Now we
> have both have tried to solve the problem, with very funny results:
> First I made a patch that was very simple, but worked fine on my box.
> However, it didn't work on anyone else's computers. Don't ask me why,
> it's a mystery.
>
> Now Nikolaj made a more complex patch to solve this issue. I've just
> pushed it to Git master. On my box, this patch also works fine. On
> Nikolaj's box, it doesn't work correctly in all cases.

It works on my box:

Initial layout is 1:1:1, it flickers on Restore, then shows a 1:1:2
layout for 1-2 seconds when maximizing again and switches back to the
1:1:1 layout.

Point 2 and 3 work well, too, also with that 2 seconds delay.

Comment added to the bug report.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org