[Amarok] Fix potential crash (dereferencing 0-pointer) with

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Nov 5 09:03:45 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Maximilian Kossick
<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> regarding that comment, what about the major refactoring that we
> discussed at the dev spring in Berlin, i.e. adding a thin wrapper
> around the meta classes that has to be created on the stack? Are we
> actually going to implement that? If yes, any suggestions when?

I think that would be really good. Would be lots (lots!) of work, but
we could do it in a Git branch, and if it takes a lot of time, then so
be it. One day we could merge it back into master. Our semi-big
"seconds -> milliseconds" migration has proven (on a smaller scale)
that this can be done with Git, I would say.

It's a bit sad that we have already invested so much time in fixing
all these 0-pointer crashes, but I guess one can only learn by trial
and error. Better late than never :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer