Themes/Skins

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at web.de
Thu Nov 5 08:50:42 CET 2009

Am Thursday 05 November 2009 schrieb Mark Kretschmann:
> You have a point, but things like the "Concep (sic!) #05", "Concep
> #06" threads are starting to clog the tubes. Especially if they end up

Only one thread "Concep [sic!] 0.5, mockup #1" (please quote properly ;-P) and
it very soon turned into a discussion about UI dynamics ;-)

On topic:
Imho you're both right. This is (hopefully) just a phase indicating that there
needs sth. to be done but on the other hand "amarok-/devel/" is likely not the
best place to discuss such in detail - yet "the guys in charge" need to hear
ideas - otherwise they'd be wasted time.

So:
If creating yet another mailing list is no big deal my suggestion would be to
have one, move GUI and art discussion there but crosspost initial (and in this
very case: rather general) suggestions to amarok-devel as well (so everyone
gets informed about what's on the table but needs to actively follow the
discussion)
If we cannot easily have a special list i'd suggest to just tag such mails
like [GUI] so one can easily filter them or their replies.

To keep netload down it would be good to have a defined location to upload
mocks etc. with the guarantee of longer persistence and easy access (i.e. i'm
not quite sure whether imageshack and friends would be a good idea)

Thomas