Testing the Automatic Script Updater

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue Nov 3 17:48:41 CET 2009

OK,

There's a version file at
http://amarok.kde.org/scriptupdates/lyrics_lyricwiki/version

which is a URL I got from the debug output of Amarok, so I've verified
it's correct.

However, the job fails with an error right near the top of ::phase2 (I
put in some debugging to verify this, which I've committed in
Gitorious). I'm not sure why it'd be failing -- but it does.

The other question I had was -- where are these updated scripts going to
live? Are they going to be installed in a user's amarok data directory
until the new versions are included in a new release and installed with
the rest of Amarok?

--Jeff