Amarok 2.2.1 tagging

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:52:00 CET 2009

> Well, I see it more multi-faceted than black/gray:
>
> 1) It's generally good to stick to a cycle.
> 2) If exceptions happen, then there is no need to be anal about it.
> Some flexibility is OK.

Sure. There are valid reasons for delaying a release and making
exceptions to the release cycle. And not, it should not be a Big Deal
if it happens, but if we make it "business as usual" to commit large
changes 1-2 weeks before release instead of just waiting that little
while longer, then IMO we might as well go back to "when its done"
release scheduling as the 6 week cycle will be extended more often
than not.

I think we are all still somewhat stuck in the mindset of "I have to
get this in now or it will be who knows how many months before it
makes it into a release" which is really not valid with a short
release cycle and when using git.

- Nikolaj