generate_changelog script

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Thu May 21 21:20:38 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 21:08, Magnus Bergmark
<magnus.bergmark at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When it comes to html vs. xhtml I have
>> no idea. What we have now works ok though. Opinions?
>
> Well, if you only use the output to copy-paste stuff it will be no
> difference at all. The output is just soup -- no headers, no root element or
> anything. If you tried to run the output in a validator, it would threaten
> to kill you.
>
> My plan was to output a complete, standards XHTML file with full headers and
> whatnot. It would be possible to bundle the file with the release and/or
> upload it to a website and it would work in every browser, fully valid. If
> this is never the plan, the extra output would just make it harder for you
> to take what you want and paste someplace else.
>
> Of course, I *could* still code and submit the patch since it wouldn't make
> it *that* much harder to do for you, you'll just have to scroll down a bit
> before starting to select, and it would enable the extra usages for free.

Ok thanks. I don't think you should spend your time on it then. There
is currently no plan to use it for anything else but copying it to the
release announcement.

I will give your patch a test as soon as I can and commit it if you
don't have an SVN account. If someone finds the time to test and
commit please feel free to do so.

Cheers
Lydia

--