some inconsistencies

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 18:48:19 CEST 2009

Here are a few things I noticed while actually using amarok.

#1 Inconsistent Sorting
The Collection Browser sorts Artist Names by ignoring "The". This
results in a group like The Beatles showing up under B.
In the "Edit Track Details -> Tag -> Artist" drop-down the same isn't
true. "The" is used to sort here, so "The Beatles" shows up under the
T's. It makes it a bit harder to edit the track details than is
necessary, e.g. when changing titles from "Beetles", "Beatles" and
"The Beat-alls" to "The Beatles"

#2 Inexplicably losing focus.
Sometimes when fetching covers, or after installing scripts the dialog
which shows up can't be clicked on. Using the keyboard (press enter or
space to select button) dismisses the dialog, but if trying to click
on the very same button it isn't possible. Here on OS X I get the
"error" sound. Trés annoying. Only after going to another window, and
then coming back to the dialog is it possible to click on the dialog.
As this one's pretty easy to check please try to see if it happens on
linux as well.
Restart Amarok -> Tools -> Script Manager -> Get More Scripts...

Should have gotten this out before the beta but, i forgotted.