nasty script crash - everyone have a look please!

Leonardo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Wed May 6 14:41:15 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 13:31:29 Seb Ruiz wrote:
> 2009/5/6 Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org>:
> > Nikolaj reproduced it on Jaunty regardless of which Amarok version he
> > uses (2.0.2 and 2.1 beta 1). It doesn't seem to happen on Intrepid.
>
> FWIW, I have never seen this crash here, on a self compiled Amarok
> trunk + kde 4.2 packages and Jaunty.
>
> Nikolaj - can't you step through the crash with the debugger?

We know where the crash is. It's on the line where a script tries to load a UI
file. However, we're not sure how to fix it. It seems that amarok loads QForm
stuff from libplasma instead of libQtUiTools or whatever. This then is where it
crashes.

possible option is that libplasma also exports the same functions and they get
selected over the "correct" qt ones? nikolaj tried removing libplasma
completely from the build but the PUD depends on it and apparently everything
is tied to the PUD w/ the PUDActions, so it's not simple.

leo

-----
lfranchi at kde.org		Tufts  University 2010
leonardo.franchi at tufts.edu                 The KDE Project