Announcement include reviewing guidelines?

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Sun May 3 14:35:37 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

I don't know about all of you, but I find it pretty frustrating when
people/blogs/journalists review Amarok and take issue with things that have
already been fixed or added or changed, etc. because they either don't know
there's a new version or don't know what's coming down the roadmap.

So, should we have a boilerplate text in our release announcements (for
major releases at least) that suggests to reviewers to contact us regarding
any problems/issues they may have during their review? In the majority of
cases this will probably not make a difference as people won't read the
announcement (they'll just get it available in their packages); however,
some of the more thorough reviewers may look at our release announcement to
get an idea of what is new that they should be reviewing, and so see and
take this advice.

It's always nicer if instead of a review stating "I had problem X" they
state "I had problem X, however, this has already been fixed in the
upcoming version
Y"...

--Jeff