extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/images

Martin Aumueller aumuell at reserv.at
Tue Mar 31 12:43:58 CEST 2009

It appears that I didn't yet notice the new slogan of Amarok, but from what I
gathered in this thread it seems that the new slogan should be simply
"Rediscover music".

I like "Rediscover your music" mainly because it leaves more room for
interpretation and thus makes you think about the slogan. Of course, the first
association is "rediscover the forgotten treasures in your music collection".

"Rediscover music" sounds wrong to me as it seems to address people who have
forgotten about music in general and now should rediscover the hobby music.
But I think the users that Amarok is targeting are more music aficionados, at
least people who already have a certain interest in music.

The "your" in the slogan is also very important, as music is a very personal
thing, it is very much dependent on taste, on your taste. And you want to
discover your music, the music that you like. Also, music is very often
related to precious and personal memories. Another variation of the original
slogan that would perhaps make more sense for the new Amarok is "Discover your
music", but in my opinion that's to straight.

In summary: I think it's very hard to come up with a better slogan than
"Rediscover your music" - I don't know who invented it, but I think (s)he's a
genius.

Martin

PS: For German readers a recent article I found about last.fm:
http://www.zeit.de/2009/14/Last-fm - I was especially baffled by the last
paragraph.