Patch for the repaint issue in the collection dialog

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 00:32:25 CEST 2009

2009/3/31 Leonardo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org>:
> On Monday 30 March 2009 21:41:54 Ian Monroe wrote:

>> > Is this small parch worth having to deal with potential licensing
>> > issues, since he adds his name to the copyright?  IMHO it isn't.
>> >
>> > --Jeff
>>
>> Worst reason to reject a patch ever.
>>
>> And adding your name doesn't create the licensing issue. Adding
>> copyrightable code gives you a copyright whether you list your name or
>> not. And since this adds a new function, it's copyrightable imo.
>>

> I agree w/ ian here---i dont see how licensing has anything to do with it.
> this is a problem with every single contribution that we have to amarok from
> anyone who is not one of us....

General rule of thumb that we use with Amarok code is that a copyright
line gets added if you feel that a significant amount of code has been
written/changed. The patch author's name gets attributed in the
Changelog and commit message also. Personally, I don't think that Adam
has written enough game changing code in there to attribute a
copyright line, but I wouldn't really mind either way.

Let's be pragmatic here: Adam probably thought he was just following
standards. I don't think he'd mind (most people don't) if we drop the
copyright line.

> leo
> --
> -----