Splash screen for 2.1 from Wade Olson

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Mar 29 10:24:41 CEST 2009

Ahoy sailors!

I thought for the 2.1 release it's again time for a new and refreshing
splash screen. Many people (including me) really loved the 2.0 splash
from Wade Olson, so I simply asked him again to provide a new splash
for 2.1. And he agreed, or rather pointed out to me that he had
already made a number of alternative images, which we could look at (I
had totally forgotten about this). You can see them here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wadejolson/Amarok#

Personally I like #2, #3, and #5 best, but not necessarily with the
exact same text messages (Wade could probably replace them easily).
E.g. it was pointed out on IRC that "amarok out." could be
misinterpreted in various ugly ways ;)

Also Wade could probably change other small details (sometimes the
Amarok logo looks a bit out of place in some images), if we ask him
very nicely, and perhaps bribe him with chocolate and GNOME software.

So, what do you peeps think? :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer