Improving Amarok Current Track Applet look

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Fri Mar 27 10:39:57 CET 2009

Hi all,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 09:15, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:

> Perhaps you can make the title italic and the album bold to be
> consistent with the verbose Playlist layout?

No, please don't! Currently Amarok shows at least 3 different fonts in
about 8 different sizes, with bold, italics and whatever all over the
place.  We need to do a font cleanup first. One single font, please!!!
Everything else is a design error IMHO. Once this is done we still can
add bolds and italics if absolutely necessary.

For now Amarok looks a total mess on my screen with big resolution,
and it looks even worse with a lover one. Guess how it looks on the
jukebox .. :-(

And could we please invest in something else than grey over grey and
grey again? I wouldn't wonder if some fonts are in fact dark grey
instead of black...
[/rant]

Regards,

Myriam, who has a beautiful KDE 4.2.1 but a really ugly Amarok 2.1-SVN

--
Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE for 2009:
http://www.fsfeurope.org/2009