Improving Amarok Current Track Applet look

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Fri Mar 27 09:15:13 CET 2009

2009/3/27 Lee Olson <leetolson at gmail.com>:
> Attached is revised one:
>
> - removed play count, score, and last played icons and replaced them with
> text
> - moved the "By" and "On" text as suggested
> - provided 2 examples to show different text spacing
>
> - Lee

Perhaps you can make the title italic and the album bold to be
consistent with the verbose Playlist layout?

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/data/DefaultPlaylistLayouts.xml?view=markup

Perhaps we should also have an text for Podcast episodes:
[Episode Title]
from [Channel Title]
published [TODAY-Episode pubDate] days/hours/minutes ago ([Episode pubDate])

We should find out a way for Meta::Tracks to create their own string
representation. I can imagine the audiobooks and streams want
different text as well.

Bart