Improving Amarok Current Track Applet look

Thomas P. colomar at autistici.org
Thu Mar 26 11:25:51 CET 2009

Nice one. The biggest plus is the fact that it can be made much narrower
than the current one without hiding important information. I think the
"by" and "on" make sense because it isn't always clear to someone who
doesn't know the music played very well which name belongs to the track,
artist and album. Of course one would learn which tag is on which
position by using it for some time but having the information "in the
world" is still better. And I think those hints are subtle enough not to
be distracting. So I'd vote for 2 or 3 (personally I'd prefer 3 because
the title in the background doesn't contain any additional information,
but that's just a usability professional's point of view ;) ).
Cheers,
Thomas