extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/browsers/collectionbrowser

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 08:13:33 CET 2009

> Would have been nice to speak to me about this first! Instead what I
> think you should have done was reimplement the click handler in your
> service trees. Double clicking on root collection items will now add
> the entire collection to the playlist (instead of expanding), which is
> sub optimal.

I _like_ being able to add the entire collection to the playlist! :-)
And since you can  till do so using the context menu, I think it is
inconsistent that this item works differently from every other item in
the tree(s)

In any case, you are right, we need to come up with a solution that
works for everyone. I still think it works better now than before
though.

Currently the services use almost the exact same code for painting the
trees as the main collection browser (I seem to remember it actually
being sub-classed to handle a very few specific cases) but if at all
possible I would prefer not to deviate any more from the main
CollectionTreeView class as this makes it more likely that
functionality added one place does not work for the other.

> I do not think the "+" button is better as it looks odd and forces a
> loss of that precious horizontal space.

It does make it very cleat that we are dealing with an expandable item though.

- Nikolaj