request for modified icon for OS X

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Mon Mar 9 09:27:46 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Magnus Bergmark
<magnus.bergmark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 4:22 AM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So maybe we need a more realistic wolf (well, as realistic as a blue
>> wolf is) sitting and howling.
>
> I agree. To be honest, the original icon looks a lot better in this
> screenshot. I'm using a Mac at work, and I can confirm that icons generally
> are looking quite realistic.
>
> Regarding the shadows, the usual thing seems to be to have a very, very
> subtle shadow at the bottom. This makes the icons not look like a sticker on
> the screen, but an object standing up instead. Not all icons use a shadow,
> though, and most that do are third-party apps.

I also agree with Ian and Magnus. I'm not impressed by this icon yet.

This is such an important component of Amarok (I even have it tattooed
on my arm!), that we can't except anything less than 100% excellence.
Of course it must be taken into account that tastes differ, but there
are also real arguments against it, such as Ian's.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer