The Amarok Bailout Bill

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sun Mar 8 11:13:58 CET 2009

(top-posting, as everyone else has i want to keep the flow legible)

I agree with most of the comments here. I develop on Amarok because...
I like it, and it's completely voluntary. I don't think we should ever
be *doing anything* just for the potential money involved (that is, do
something we don't want to do but are forcing ourselves). Also, i
simply don't think that ever could happen---FOSS is too deeply
ingrained in us.

Also, from personal experience, the amount of loathing that
discovering xchat provides non-free binaries on windows created...that
made me decide never to use xchat again, on any platform. I don't want
users to hate amarok. I want users to love amarok.

cheers,
leo