GSoC improvements

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:20:33 CET 2009

> Hmmm if we do any of this I see the problem of people again having
> huge changesets that no-one reviews and no regular small visible
> commits.
> I know we can work around this but I think we really should try to
> have the student make very regular visible progress. This is imho the
> only way we can prevent from a student dropping the ball and us not
> noticing it soon enough. We must not let students go without a
> non-trivial commit for weeks again like last year.

I am also somewhat concerned about having students commit to git
branches as that _will_ mean less eyeballs on the new code.

The alternative is a trunk that occasionally breaks, and really, so
what? We are not going to plan any releases while GSoC is happening,
and a broken trunk usually gets the person who broke it very motivated
to fix it quickly.

- Nikolaj