Git

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 04:45:07 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Having not gotten replies from more than one person about where to host
> things, I'm sending this to the list.
>
> I've currently taken the HTTP host offline.  If we want to continue
> using git before we get git.kde.org hosting us, we have three options
> (I'm talking about the web interface only, because the *how* of it is
> basically the same regardless):
>
> 1) Github -- not open-source, but "hip" and "popular"
> 2) Gitorious -- open-source, pretty sucky

I vote Gitorious since this might be what KDE uses. Would be nice to
check it out. Gitweb is only marginably better then having no web
interface. Github isn't an option at all for KDE obviously (though it
is a *d*vcs so if I wouldn't be surprised if stuff like github gets
picked up unofficially).

Ian