GSoC Report: Week of Mon 29 June

Alejandro Wainzinger aikawarazuni at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:34:25 CEST 2009

Just a quick update.  The media devices refactor hit recently, a bit
more rushed than I'd wanted but time is of the essence.  A review of
this code exposed many things which I already was going to make
prettier and/or fix, but also many things I did not think of.  I'm new
to using code review tools, but they seem to be useful, although it
will be better to submit reviews in smaller chunks from now on, since
we don't need to keep stuff stuck in our local git repos anymore ;).

So, real news: initial playlists support is in!  Currently, Ipods and
MTP devices' playlists will be loaded when the device is in, and are
visible from User Playlists, appendable, and when the device
disconnects, the playlists are removed.  This is an accessibility
issue to some degree, we have to somehow tell the users that their
playlists are over there, since they're used to the old Media Devices
tab that just had everything in one place.  I'd like Leinir or anyone
else's input on this.  Currently playlists can not be modified,
renamed, or deleted, as many of these actions have been hardcoded in
to work only with SqlUserPlaylist, but I will soon be working to
generalize this code, which should benefit future
UserPlaylistProviders =)

I'll be flying out to Barcelona at 2 AM Tuesday (Spain/Europe Time),
and be arriving 7 PM Tuesday (Spain/Europe Time), so I will be
unavailable between those periods of time, but I will work to get
online as soon as I'm able.