impeding move to git, join gitorious.org

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue Jun 23 20:23:52 CEST 2009

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen wrote:
>> This also means that if you still have a huge set of git-svn commits
>> that you want to push, you should do that soonish. I think everyone
>> finished that though. :)
>
> I still have some stuff lying around that will not be ready for
> committing until at least after this weekend.
>
> In general, I am going away this weekend and would like to bring my
> laptop and be able to hack on stuff. I do _not_ have the time to set
> up git right now as I am working 16 hour days atm to get my magnatune
> stuff done before leaving.
>
> Could we hold off on this stuff at least until sometime next week? Please?

Sure.

On Gitorious.org I've created an Amarok project owned by the
kde-developers group.  (There's an amarok-developers group I created
some time ago, but as Ian rightly pointed out, it may send the wrong
message to use that instead of kde-developers).  When we're ready to
convert, Ian or I will poke Thiago to generate a conversion from SVN for
us (keeping all the metadata) and we'll push that up as "master".

FYI, a while back I created a username on Gitorious.org called "amarok".
 I figured better one of us squats on it than someone random takes it.
So if we ever need it for anything, I have the login info.

--Jeff