"featuring"

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Jun 5 14:57:04 CEST 2009

Magnus Bergmark wrote:
> I don't know how true this is, but I have heard that in certain genres
> of Trance and Hip-Hop, there is another form of "featuring" called
> "vs.". Personally, I don't know if there is any difference between them
> and people should just re-tag; just wanted to bring it up on the wall.

Both your and Max's points are excellent.

Is it possible that the best option is simply not to do any automatic
detection of various artists at all (at least, based on text in the tag)?

We could maybe get around some of the English-only issues by surrounding
it in i18ns, but that starts looking super hacky.

And Magnus is right about vs.

--Jeff