string freeze for 2.1.1 and plans for post 2.1.1

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Thu Jun 4 01:37:25 CEST 2009

Heya :)

I'd like to send an email to the translators tomorrow night (~24h from
now on). If anyone still has strings to add for 2.1.1 please add them
asap. IMHO it would be nice to get the strings for the headers in if
possible. (The ones for Playlist, Context View and Browsers Celeste
said were needed in her usability review.) I'm not sure if that can be
done for 2.1.1 but if we should get the strings in within the next
24h. Design and code can still be done later.
If all goes according to plan we can tag 2.1.1 on 12th of June

We have been discussing on IRC if it is worth it to release 2.1.2 if
we tag 2.1.1 in a little over a week on 12th of June. It's a lot of
work for everyone to branch (especially me tbh) and if we release 2.2
as soon as possible after GSoC I think it is ok to not do a 2.1.2
unless there are severe issues. Leo said we could release 2.2 in early
September then. I didn't check the timeline. Opinions please.

Cheers
Lydia, who isn't sure if she is still making sense after the release
and not enough sleep

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager