Compilations with >60 songs

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Wed Jun 3 02:35:12 CEST 2009

hey guys,

is there a particular reason we ban compilations from having more than 60
tracks? I have an album (SXSW Showcasing Artists) that has ~1200 tracks, so
amarok categorizes that as *not* a compilation, and 1200 individual albums
get created in the DB. This also means that if i select them all in the
playlist, and choos Show Under Various Artists, only 1 of these many many
albums actually moves there. This is not exactly ideal.

what was the original reasoning behind the 60-track limit? If there are a
bunch of tracks with the *same* album in one folder, seems to me they should
at least be grouped under the same album, not individual copies of the same
album name.

leo