RFC: Remove or keep the "beta" label for Win/Mac?

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Jun 2 22:12:35 CEST 2009

G'day,

I've noticed that we're still special-casing the Windows and Mac
versions with a "beta" label in the window caption. The comment says
it all:

// Let people know OS X and Windows versions are still work-in-progress

I think we had originally planned to remove it around 2.1, so we could
do that for 2.1.1. Question is, has the right time come? From the
Windows folks I've heard that we're in pretty good shape over there
now. About the Mac side I'm less sure.

Thoughts?

PS:
It's also debatable if we should keep the caption saying "Amarok 2" vs
just "Amarok". I guess we did this initially to differentiate the
product, and because we were so excited about it and all (omg omg,
it's a 2!). But now I've pondered whether the "2" isn't weakening our
brand rather than helping it, making it appear like a different
product or a fork.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer