[Kde-scm-interest] commit filter + git

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Fri Jul 24 22:22:57 CEST 2009

In <fb3727060907241245o1f727101geeb2ebcf6c6fe44d at mail.gmail.com>, Casey Link
wrote:
>I've begun receiving emails from commit filter lately with git commits
>that cannot easily be sorted with automatic email filters.
>
>Before the git switch a typical commit filter email would have the
>path of the commit in the subject line, like so:
>Subject: extragear/multimedia/amarok/src
>
>However, after the git switch, subjects look something like this:
>736144d Fix small regression in the fading code caused by
>
>Is there anything we can do about this?

I'm working under an assumption that the email are coming from a post-commit
hook and aren't some sort of RSS -> email gateway.  I am not clear on the
final solution for that.

It would require updating the post-commit hook in the git repository.  Since
we are using gitorious, I think we have to engage their administrators to
have it updated.  We would also need a patch/new version of the hook to
generate the emails in to form everyone is used to; that shouldn't be hard,
but I won't have time to look at it.
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))