Codec script for Amarok2: is this an option?

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 14:20:36 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Dan Leinir Turthra
Jensen<admin at leinir.dk> wrote:
> On Thursday 23 July 2009 13:48:57 Lydia Pintscher wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 13:46, Ian Monroe<ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > When I opened Amarok on a new Kubuntu installation, it suggested I
>> > install MP3 support. That seems pretty good.
>>
>> That doesn't work when running Amarok on Gnome on Ubuntu.
>
>  Which means the script needs to be amended with a little bit of failthrough
> logic to use whatever obscure command the gnomies would use to create the same
> effect :)

Or yea whatever it takes to make it work. When I added the feature to
Amarok 1.4 it was in the context of most distros not doing anything.
Now many distros have rolled their own method to support codec
installs. Mandriva has it built right into Phonon I believe.

So I'm not sure it makes sense for Amarok now. If its requested by one
of the distros themselves though, then that would be different.

Ian