new GSoC rules

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Thu Jul 23 01:10:40 CEST 2009

Folks,

- Communicate about your project in our IRC channel, not queries!
- Send emails about your project to this list, not just your mentor!
- Status reports are due Monday evening your time. I mean it.
- Commit your code to gitorious so it can be reviewed. Show me the code.
- Daily scrum meetings with Ian where applicable.
- This should be a full-time job.
- If you have a problem ask. And don't get stuck waiting for your
mentor. Ask the rest of the team.

=> Non-public progress is considered no progress.

What happened to the "we are all mentoring the students together" we
did last year? So far communication is _really_ failing and it shows
in the progress of some of the projects.
I really really want you all to finish your projects successfully.
Failing because you/your mentor are not communicating with each other
or the rest of us would be a big loss.

Cheers
Lydia, who will not stfu and go to sleep

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager