everyone, please run these commands on every computer you have Git

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue Jul 21 22:56:31 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Ian Monroe<ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
> git config --global user.name "Your Name Comes Here"
> git config --global user.email you at yourdomain.example.com
>
> or else its all wonky in the commit messages (especially email).

That is cool. But for histories sake are we concerned that now commit
messages will not follow the KDE domain usernames? For example, all
of my SVN commit messages would have the username hovland. Now they
will have the git config. If you were looking for my commits you would
have to make the connection. In my case hovland shows up in both.
But if someone is smallberries at yoyodyne.com now in git but was
bigbote on kde.org, it would be a lot harder to make the association.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/