SVN closed for commits and Basic Git Groundrules

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Mon Jul 20 10:49:24 CEST 2009

(to kde-scm-interest: this relates to amarok)

I've started the documentation effort at
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Sources/KDE_git-tutorial

I recommend reading the Git Parable linked there, it will help you
make sense of the complex (yet surprisingly simple) parts of a
distributed version control system like git.

This is clearly a work in progress. My goal is to have this at a very
high quality before the rest of KDE switches to git. You guys are the
test audience and collaborators.
I'm sure some of you are a lot better with git then me. I've only done
one commit to gitorious so far, though once set up the process is very
similar to git-svn.

Bart