Add applets menu

Thomas Pf. colomar at autistici.org
Fri Jul 3 22:18:35 CEST 2009

> The problem is with vertical text. that is Bad (tm). we just finally
> got rid of the vertical tabs after many years, re-introducing a
> vertical applet tab-like bar is not the way to go IMHO.

Yes, I fully agree. But seeing how well Lee's Icons represent the applets, I
think we might have a chance to display Icons with tooltips only. And if Lee
could make them narrower, they might fit in there. I don't know if it would
look ugly since I haven't seen it, but we desperately need a way to scroll the
CV and configuring a vertical pane using a horizontal bar just isn't a good
thing (although the scrolling seems like the bigger problem to me).
So I still hope we can find a way to implement a scrollbar while avoiding
vertical text.

- Thomas