Feedback on collection scanning completion

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sun Feb 22 17:22:39 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:57, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen
<admin at leinir.dk> wrote:
> Heya guys :)
>
>  i threw an idea into channel a few minutes ago, and markey suggested i post
> it here lest it be forgotten :)
>
>  Just a simple one, really: Right now, upon collection rescan completion, the
> OSD pops up, showing the currently playing track's details (this happens on
> metadata changes, in this case it's just the same metadata ;) ). In stead, i'd
> suggest actually making the feedback deliberate and make the message read
> "Collection scan completed" - simple, but just one of those things :)

Do we really need the OSD to notify about about a finished collection scan?
The OSD is very distracting and should only be used for actual track
change imho. If we start using it to announce stuff like finishing the
scan we open the door for a lot more distraction that the user really
shouldn't be bothered with.
Now if you suggest this to fix the broke behaviour of identifying a
real trackchange vs. a metadata change on the same track we should
really really try to fix that instead of making it "prettier".

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher