Squish for KDE request from Amarok team

Harri Porten squish+15814 at froglogic.com
Mon Feb 16 12:17:23 CET 2009

Hello Mark,

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009, 12:55:30 CET, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:

> I'm Mark Kretschmann, a core developer of the Amarok [1] project.
> Amarok is a FOSS music player application using Qt 4 / KDE 4. We are
> very interested in checking out your "Squish for KDE" tool, as we are
> in bad need of unit testing solutions (we currently suffer from
> certain code regression issues).

Sure. I'll pass this on to Andreas Pakulat who had ported this edition over to KDE 4. Several things had to be adapted iirc.

Note that Squish's main focus is functional GUI testing from the perspective of the user. Unit tests are possible too but are sometimes easier to implement with a complementary unit test framework.

> I would like to inquire if Squish could be interesting for us, and
> also under what licensing conditions or pricing we could use it.

The KDE edition is available for free.

> PS:
> In future mails between us, would it be acceptable for you to CC'mail
> the amarok-devel at kde.org mailing list? It's a public mailing list
> hosted by KDE.

Added it to the notification list of this issue.

Harri.