GSoC 2009

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:48:48 CET 2009

> While this is true we also have to remember that KDE is very very
> likely going to get fewer slots this year and we need to use the few
> slots we get very wisely.
> As much as I would love to give them all to existing team members we
> definitely need to get new people involved.

+1

While it is a nice way to greatly boost the productivity of someone
who is already a team member, the benefit of getting a new person
involved can easily outweigh this in my opinion.  Of course, this is
always a judgment call, and in some cases having a team member do a
GSoC project can also make a lot of sense.

- Nikolaj