GSoC 2009

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:42:25 CET 2009

> Meta::Playlist synchronization to media devices and services and the
> similar Collection syncing.
> Part of this is also implementation of a feature of iTunes: autofill a
> mediadevice. Apple uses it for the iPod Shuffle but we would also
> target cellphones and generic usb mp3-players. This touches at least 3
> major Amarok 2 framework, so an experienced programmer with prior
> Amarok knowledge is preferred.
> I'm willing (and able) to mentor this year.

Alejandro and I discussed this in detail last summer. I think this is
a crucial, crucial feature.

> p.s. who will setup a nice wiki page to collect these proposals?
There already is one http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Proposals

Another addition:
Remote Sharing via DAAP. Both iTunes and WMP have this feature now.
People should be able to seamlessly listen and browse tracks in
Amaroks on the LAN. Amarok should also support the DACP remote control
spec (http://dacp.jsharkey.org/) so people can controller amarok
remotely from devices (i.e., cellphones).

One more:
BETTER APPLETS! A Mashtape like applet is uber needed. (see bottom of
http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Proposals/More_Contexual_Information)

Casey