EngineController borked

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:08:40 CET 2009

I will have to chime in on this one as well.

Unfortunate regressions like these _will_ happen in trunk. If a
company or any other wants to use the Amarok codebase, they have
essentially 3 choices:

1. Use a stable, released, version.
2. Keep their own branch and only sync it after testing that there are
no major regressions in trunk.
3. Use trunk knowing that this stuff can and will happen ( and help
fix it when it does )

Any of the above are fine with me.

In any case, I doubt our commercial partner intends to release any
version of Amarok that is not branded as stable by us. So as long as
they know that they are following the development branch, that really
should not be a major issue. I fit is, then that is an issue of
communication more than it is of bugs happening in trunk.

In any case, the EngineController bugs needs to be fixed before we can
release anything, so it is most definitely a priority.

- Nikolaj