EngineController borked

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Feb 10 07:42:08 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> But feel free to try fixing it, my head's already exploded twice from
> touching that code, I'm not all that eager to do it again

The main problem with this is that we simply can't afford such
horrible regressions any more. To make this clear: I'm not blaming
anyone here. For all we know I could have caused the regression
myself, or a gnome hacker, or the tooth fairy. Who's responsible for
it doesn't really matter.

The thing is just: It needs fixing soon, one way or another. We are
now working with commercial partners who are partly using Amarok trunk
(if that is a wise move is debatable, but it's a fact), and that means
that someone (me) will have to spend the next days almost exclusively
on fixing this bug, and also the crashing on exit (both are
unacceptable).

In the end I guess I just want to ask you all to be a little for
careful with your commits. Shit happens, and mistakes happen to the
best of us, but if possible let's try to prevent doing it too often.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer