Releasing a 2.0.2...

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 04:33:17 CET 2009

Hi,

We currently have 72 open bugs targeted for 2.0.2, but I don't see
much interest in fixing them... I think we should think about
releasing a 2.0.2 anyways.  The ChangeLog for 2.0.2 currently looks
like this:

VERSION 2.0.2
  CHANGES:
    * Show a statusbar message when loving a lastfm track.
    * Show error message when Wikipedia information cannot be retrieved.

  BUGFIXES:
    * Open ogg files in Amarok when using Dolphin and other file managers.
      Patch thanks to Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at kde.org>. (BR 180155)
    * Fix podcast episodes not ordered right because of incorrect parsing of
      pubdate. (BR 181338)
    * Fix crash in tagdialog when editing tracks without an artist. (BR 183180)
    * Statistics were not calculated properly in all instances. (BR 182025)
    * Compilation fixes on Open Solaris.
    * Trim URL before adding a new podcast.
    * Add Ok button to the podcast configuration dialog to improve usability.
      (BR 181339)
    * Add tooltips to now playing widget icons.
    * Fix not possible to download episodes from newly added podcast channel.
      (BR 180851)

I think theres enough there to merit a release in the next few weeks.
I do think that we should pay some attention to the bugs open against
2.0.2, and am willing to backport any commits that people make in
trunk that should be backported (If you don't have a stable checkout,
fex).  Please CC me in the commit if you want me to do this.

Open bugs targetted for 2.0.2: http://tinyurl.com/amarok-202

Dan,