Serendipity upgrade

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Feb 4 19:26:18 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>> I've noticed that our Serendipity (s9y) blogging system is quite buggy
>> ("No Entry For This Article"...), and seems outdated:
>>
>> "Powered by Serendipity 1.1-alpha7 and PHP 5.2.8-pl0-gentoo"
>>

>> The latest stable release appears to be "Serendipity 1.4.1" [1]. Could
>> we please upgrade?
>
> Just blog with Drupal instead. No one has done so yet, so I'm not
> positive it doesn't need some configuration tweaks.

That's all nice and dandy (and I expected you to say that), but right
now people are still using S9Y at times (just yesterday it was used),
and for the foreseeable future it's also staying active for archiving
reasons, I expect.

So I don't see any reason to stay with this old, buggy, and
potentially insecure Alpha version, if the upgrade won't take long. If
it's a complicated matter to upgrade please so say so, then we can
see.

For now I would prefer to see it upgraded anyway.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer