Issue with scripted services and collection view.

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:38:06 CET 2009

Hi Max,

I am hoping you can instantly see what is wrong here and point me in
the right direction, as I have no clue :-)

Recently some scripted services, especially those with more than 2
levels, have stopped working. For instance, if typing "Jules Verne"
into the filter in the librivox service, the "Jules Verne" node shows
up empty when expanded.

When investigating, I found that the script actually works fine, it
does exactly what is told. The issue seems to be that immediately
after the results have been fetched, a new top level query is made,
resulting in the view getting reset. For very large result set, you
can even see the correct results showing up in the list for a split
second before they are removed.

Since this is a regression that has happened recently and no changes
have been done to the scripted service stuff, it is likely that the
scripted services simply do not play well with the semi recent changes
to the way the collection view stuff works.

I consider this a showstopper bug for 2.2.2 and would appreciate any
input you might have.

Thanks!

- Nikolaj