Working on two versions in parallel

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Dec 9 11:14:51 CET 2009

Heya,

I just had a funny idea, but I think it could even work out:

One of our problems with 2.2.2 currently is that we're in string (and
feature) freeze, so many patches, ideas, and Merge Requests are on
hold. What if we created a 2.2.3 branch, and started to work on two
versions in parallel, before 2.2.2 is actually tagged?

This might sound a bit confusing, but in reality I think it might just
work out, and other projects (Qt I think) work in a similar style.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer