[Amarok] Strip HTML from tooltip and do not create an empty

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Thu Aug 27 01:21:31 CEST 2009

2009/8/27 Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Mark Kretschmann<kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Dan
>> Meltzer<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> As I said, this does not belong in Amarok.  This belongs in kdelibs,
>>> or whereever the ksystrayicon for windows code lives.  It's something
>>> that multiple applications can use, and there shouldn't be a copy in
>>> every single one.  Please revert this and put it in the right place.
>>
>> 1) Use workaround, also fix in KDE trunk
>> 2) Remove workaround when we depend on this fixed KDE version
>> 3) ???
>> 4) Profit
>
> Or just expect the small amount of people who encounter this bug
> (amarok on windows is still not exactly publicisized...) to use a
> version of kde that has it fixed.  It's a minor bug at best, anyways.

Dan, this is a minor bug, but also has a minor fix. I do not see a
problem in incorporating this code into Amarok for the time being,
especially if it improves the experience just for those few users that
are using Amarok on windows.

When the time comes, we'll revert from Amarok.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/